Prishtina, 02 August 2026, dtt-net.com – Kosovo authorities said a second mass grave was found today in northern municipality of Zubin Potok, believed to contain remains of bodies of missing Albanian civilians from 1998-1999 war, after finding a first one last week where exhumations have already started.
“The Special Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Kosovo, in cooperation with the Kosovo Police, within the framework of the ongoing investigations on the case in Zubin Potok, announces that today, on August 2, during the field operations a suspected location has been identified in the village of Jabuka, where it is suspected that there may be mortal remains,” reads a joint press release by the police and the special prosecution’s office issued on late Sunday, with the minister of interior later confirming later that the location in the village of Jabukë is a mass grave with human remains.
“After the discovery of mortal remains in a mass grave in Kalludër of Zubin-Potok, where searches and excavations are still ongoing, today, just 10 kilometers away, in the village of Jabukë in the same municipality, another mass grave with mortal remains of victims of the last war in Kosovo was found,” Xhelal Sveçla said in a press release.
Prosecution said it will ask permission from the court to launch exhumation in the second location found today.
Authorities believe that at the first location in Kalludra village remains being exhumated are of bodies of 23 Albanian civilians of Mitrovica region abducted by Serbia forces in April 1999.
Three Serbs are arrested since last week related to the case of Zubin Potok mass graves.
Nearly 13,000 Albanian civilians were massacred by Serbia forces, 20,000 girls and women raped, 120,000 houses destroyed and more than 800 000 deported forcibly to Albania and North Macedonia during the 1998-1999 war of independence from Serbia.
More than 1500 civilians are still missing, of which more than 500 Serbs believed to be killed by members of Kosovo Albanian guerilla, KLA, in revenge.


