Prishtina, 18 May 2026, dtt-net.com – Kosovo’s Prime Minister in technical mandate, said today that he will continue refusing to meet with Serbian President in EU-mediated talks in Brussels for implementation of 2023 deal, unless Belgrade hands over leader of the gunmen which attacked Kosovo police same year and Belgrade; withdraws a letter in which it rejects parts of the unsigned agreement for what is called “normalization” of relations between the two countries; and thirdly Belgrade signs the deal package which centres on formation of controversial autonomous body for Kosovan Serb minority. In an interview with KTV Albin Kurti said that such a meeting with Vucic in Brussels would take place only when Serbia meets his three conditions, hand over the gunmen leader Milan Radoicic which attacked Kosovo police in September 2023, withdraw letter of refusal deal’s part which relates to refusal of recognition of Kosovo’s territorial integrity by Serbia; and when Serbia signs the EU-brokered deal of three years ago.
“Belgrade must of course hand over Milan Radoicic, along with those 44 other paramilitary criminals who killed the police sergeant, the hero Afrim Bunjaku, and who, in addition, continued with similar attacks, which are clearly orchestrated by Serbia, such as blowing up the Iber Lepenc water canal. The first happened in September 2023, the second in November 2024. So Radoicic must be handed over, that letter of Ana Brnabic, who was the prime minister (of Serbia) at that time, must be withdrawn, where she red it in front of the 27 member states and says that the territorial integrity of Serbia is not respected, and the agreement must be signed,” Kurti said.
The EU has been calling Kurti to form institutions amid repeated failure to form a government since 2025 February and December elections, and new failure with opposition parties to elect country’s President, which now led to early elections again for June 7, in order to resume talks with Vucic for implementation of the deal, and which are focused on formation of what is named ‘Association of Serb-majority Municipalities – ASM’ for more powers for ten Serb-predominantly municipalities, in economy, urbanism, finances, police, healthcare, education and culture.
“It’s two and a half years that I didn’t meet him [Vucic]. Even after June 7, these conditions must be met as confidence-building measures for constructive dialogue. And the third is no less important, it is the signing of the package, it is the basic agreement with the implementation annex,” Kurti added.
Vučić refuses to sign the agreement and refuses to hand over Radojčić to the Kosovo authorities. The EU says there is no need for a signature.
In October 2023, the EU has proposed a 21-page statute for ASM, but many in Kosovo fear that if it is formed, the country will be transformed into a second paralyzed system like that of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH), on ethnic grounds and along ethnic administrative lines.
EU says that without implementation of the deal, Kosovo cannot make any steps in its promised accession, although the process is impossible without its independence being recognized by five remaining EU members: Cyprus, Greece, Romania, Slovakia and Spain.
68.84 percent of Kosovo Albanians say they are concerned that the ASM would lead to “increased autonomy for Serb-majority areas and potentially destabilize Kosovo,” according to a poll conducted by the local NGO CASA last year.
Another 2024 poll found that 81 percent of Kosovo citizens are against the formation of the ASM.




